It is clear that the goal of Quality Assurance increases is to increase the quality of the product. Aside from the quality is also encompases:
- Increasing the efficiency of the development process
- Reducing the cost and time of the development process long term
- Increase the satisfaction of the customers using the products
- 6 Student
- 35 Junior
- 61 Mid
- 37 Senior
- 20 Lead
52.20% does automation testing
38.36% does business analysis
Goals of the poll
- Define an average for the salaries in the QA and test domains Information that can be useful when employing new or evaluation current staff.
- The popularization of the QA domain The goal is to raise the profile of the QA and test roles in the software development circles and present a possible career path for people joining the IT industry.
The results were gathered from 03/12/2019 to 01/01/2020
This graph shows the general distribution of seniority and years of experience. Each color represents a seniority level and the percentage is the percentage of all of the answers within that seniority level. For example: We can see that for the seniority of Junior, 62.86% percent answered that they have 1 year of experience, 34.29% answered that they have 2 years of experience and 2.86% answered that they have 5 years of experience.
This graph shows the general distribution of seniority and geographic location of their employer. Each color represents a seniority level and the percentage is the percentage of all of the answers within that seniority level.
Datasets for comparison with previous campaign
Summary of the results
|Position||Number of responses||Average||Median|
|Does Automation testing||Does Business Analysis|
|Does Business Analysis||33.33%||25.71%||37.70%||40.54%||60.00%||38.36%|
|Does Automation Testing||50.00%||42.86%||54.10%||54.05%||60.00%||52.20%|
Automation Testing additional information
- 83 participants say they perform Automation testing
- 81 specified a programming language that they mainly use for the purpose of automation testing
|Programming language||Number of responses||Percentage|
|Vbscript (HP UFT)||1||1.23%|
When asked to mention an interesting technology or tool that the participant is using in automation testing the following were mentioned
|Language or Tool||Number of responses|
We want to thank everyone who took part in the poll. We hope that the poll will grow in future years and that it will be a useful source of information for the IT scene in Croatia. We also hope that it will help colleagues to get better value for their work. Especially those working in the QA and test roles.